Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Long Way Gone Ch. 7 Vocab. Words

Chapter 7
Vocabulary Words


  • Oblivious- adj. forgetful; without remembrance or memory
  • Sentence- I was often oblivious about my failures from the past.
  • Vigorously- adj. powerful in action or effect
  • Sentence- Ishmael vigorously attacked his enemies.
  • Demanded- v. to ask for peremptorily or urgently
  • Sentence- I demanded my dog to sit down.
  • Possibilities- n. the state or fact of being possible
  • Sentence- There was a possibilities that Ishmael could die during the war.
  • Motioned- n. the action or process of moving or of changing place or position; movement
  • Sentence- I motioned for the nearest knife when I was getting attacked by this crazy man.
  • Thatched- n.a material, as straw, rushes, leaves, or the like, used to cover roofs, grain stacks, etc
  • Sentence- The house's rooftop was covered in thatch leaves.
  • Mounted- adj. serving on horseback or on some special mount, as soldiers or police
  • Sentence- Warriors were mounted on their horse's backs.
  • Pretending- v. to allege or profess, esp. insincerely or falsely
  • Sentence- My brother was only pretending to go sleep so I can go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment