Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Long Way Gone Vocabulary Words. Ch. 10

Chapter 10 Vocabulary Words
  • uncertain- adj. not confident, assured, or free from hesitancy
  • Sentence- I was uncertain at my answers to my test.
  • slender- adj. having a circumference that is small in proportion to the height or length
  • Sentence- My mom had a slender body.
  • coaxed- v. to manipulate to a desired end by adroit handling or persistent effort
  • Sentence- Jennifer coaxed the large chair through the door.
  • admitted- v. to allow to enter; grant or afford entrance to
  • Sentence- The guard admitted me to the club.
  • quarrel- n. an angry dispute or altercation; a disagreement marked by a temporary or permanent break in friendly relations
  • Sentence- My boyfriend and I always quarrel at things that weren't worth it.
  • obstructing- v. to block or close up with an obstacle; make difficult to pass
  • Sentence- My route was obstructing, because constructors were constructing on the sidewalk where I always go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment