Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Long Way Gone Ch. 11 Vocab Words.

A Long Way Gone Chapter 10
Vocabulary Words
  • vehemently- adj. characterized by rancor or anger; violent
  • Sentence- My boyfriend vehemently fought his enemies.
  • executed- v. to murder; assassinate
  • Sentence- On the news, I read about a man that was executed due to his crime.
  • boasting- v. to speak with exaggeration and excessive pride, esp. about oneself
  • Sentence- My friend was boasting about himself, which got really annoying.
  • hesitantly- adj. hesitating; undecided, doubtful, or disinclined
  • Sentence- I hesitantly said no, because I was so unsure of what to say to my boss.
  • motioned- n. the action or process of moving or of changing place or position; movement
  • Sentence- The security motioned for the man to get out.
  • emerged- v. to come up or arise, as a question or difficulty
  • Sentence- I emerged from bed which is really hard for me since I'm always so tired.
  • grieve- v. to feel grief or great sorrow
  • Sentence- i felt a grieve when I found out someone I knew passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment