Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chapter 3 Questions

Part 1.
Elie soon began to accuse God for their suffering. The Jews in the concentration camp all had lost their faith in God. They asked themselves who god would let them suffer so terrible. They asked themselves, " Where is their merciful God?" Since they all didn't believe that God wasn't with them in the camp, they suddenly stopped praying. Praying was useless to them. There was no God in the camp that would help them in their misery. They were all surrounded by death, with no way out. Not even a prayer. Nothing. A time or experience I had when my faith helped me go through a hard time was when I was going through depression. I thought to myself its going to be all right, because I thought of everything as an obstacle that I had to go through life. Everybody goes through it. God will always be there with you.

Part 2.
Since Ellie and the other prisoners were exposed to the horrible inhumanity of the Nazis, they've been transformed to self respected individuals to obediant animal like automatons. This transformation took place when Ellie and the other prisoners seen what the Nazi's can do to them. As quoted in the book, " For the first time, I felt revolt rise up in me. Why should I bless his name? The Eternal Lord of the Universe, the All- Powerful and Terrible, was silent. What had I to thank Him for?" Ellie began to lose faith in God, and he was filled with anger towards him. He thinks he has nothing to thank for. He blames God for all that is happening. The time when my faith has been striped away from me was when I had enough from what I going through. People's mean comments and cruel words which brung my self esteem down.


Part 3.
The Jews obey people whom are capable of destroying them, because they would want to try to survive the whole thing. If they don't obey the Nazi authorities, they're going to get killed, because they weren't doing what they were suppose to do.They did what they were told.Faced every obstacles they had to go through in order for them to survive hell. They weren't able to team up, because they were weak compared to the Nazis. They were going to lose and get beaten by the Nazis whom were much powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment