Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Long Way Gone Ch. 14 Vocabulary Words

Chapter 14 Vocabulary Words
  • Simultaneously- adj. existing, occurring, or operating at the same time; concurrent
  • Sentence- The farmer simultaneously milked the cows.
  • Tremendous- adj. extraordinarily great in size, amount, or intensity
  • Sentence- The dog tremendously looked scary.
  • Addicted- adj. devoted or given up to a practice or habit or to something psychologically or physically habit-forming
  • Sentence- A lot of people are addicted to drugs.
  • Dread locked- pl. n. A natural hairstyle in which the hair is twisted into long matted or rope like locks
  • Sentence- I saw a man with dread locks walking down the street.
  • Admiration- n. a feeling of wonder, pleasure, or approval.
  • Sentence- I had an admiration on the sunset.
  • Betterment- n. the act or process of bettering; improvement
  • Sentence- Students go to school for the betterment of themselves.
  • Instilling- v. to infuse slowly or gradually into the mind or feelings; insinuate; inject
  • Sentence- The nurse had a hard time instilling the child.
  • Prompted- adj. done, performed, delivered, etc., at once or without delay
  • Sentence- My teacher prompted me to do the essay.
  • Eager- adj. keen or ardent in desire or feeling; impatiently longing
  • Sentence- I was so eager to find out the results of my test.
  • Fulfilled- v. to carry out, or bring to realization, as a prophecy or promise
  • Sentence- I hope I can fulfill my dreams of becoming a nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment